Research for the Ust'-Ilim hydroelectric station
- 12 Downloads
The research for the Ust'-Ilim station included problems of significance for rationalizing the design and methods of constructing the dam to achieve a noticeable economy. Some of these problems were posed for the first time during construction and operation of dams built earlier.
Full-scale observations on the dam will give an objective evaluation of the state of the structure and will test the results of the theoretical and experimental investigations. It can be assumed that a comparison of the data from these observations with the results of earlier investigations on Siberian dams will permit introducing corrections into our concepts of the behavior of high concrete dams under rigorous climatic conditions and constructing dams of a more rational and economic design.
KeywordsEnergy Source Climatic Condition Experimental Investigation Power Generation Power Engineer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. A. Ragozin and G. K. Sukhanov, “Ust'-Ilim hydroelectric station on the Angara,” Gidrotekh, Stroite'” No. 8 (1970).Google Scholar
- 2.N. M. Bolotina, “Geologic and subsurface conditions at the Ust'-Ilim hydroelectric project site,” Gidrotekh. Stroitel”., No. 8 (1970).Google Scholar
- 3.D. D. Sapegin, S. G. Aksenov, and N. T. Karpov, “New method of investigating deformability of rocks in boreholes,” Izv. VNIIG,102 (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.D. D. Sapegin, N. M. Karpov, and G. M. Petrosyan, “Determination of the characteristics of rocks along the route of the drainage tunnel for the Ust'-Ilim hydroelectric station,” Izv. VNIIG,104 (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.S. Ya. Éidel'man, Full-Scale Investigations of the Bratsk Dam [in Russian], Énergiya, Moscow (1968).Google Scholar
- 6.S. Ya. Éidel'man, “Opening of contact joints and decompression of the first column foundations of the Bratsk dam,” Izv. VNIIG,94 (1972).Google Scholar
- 7.A. A. Khrapkov and A. A. Gotlif, “Combined method of calculating massive concrete dams on a semiinfinite linearly deformable foundation,” Izv. VNIIG,105 (1974).Google Scholar
- 8.M. S. Lamkin, Sh. N. Plyat, and A. A. Khrapkov, “Stresses in a massive concrete dam with consideration of cracking of the downstream face,” Izv. VNIIG,100 (1972).Google Scholar
- 9.“Investigation of stresses in a column head of the Ust'-Ilim dam,” in: Hydraulic Engineering Research in 1972 [in Russian], Vol. 1, Énergiya (1973).Google Scholar
- 10.V. N. Skorodumov, “Investigation of stresses in the station section of the Ust'-Ilim hydroelectric station concrete dam and powerhouse,” in: Hydraulic Engineering Research in 1972 [in Russian], Vol. 1, Énergiya (1973).Google Scholar