1,7-migration of benzyl group in 2-substituted N-benzylindoles
It has been shown that when 2-substituted N-benzylindoles are heated above 100°C in polyphosphoric acid, the benzyl group is split off and undergoes 1,7-migration.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Benzyl Polyphosphoric Acid
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. J. Houlihan (ed.), Indoles, Part 1, Wiley, New York (1972), p. 135.Google Scholar
- 2.Sh. A. Samsoniya, I. Sh. Chikvaidze, and É. O. Gogrichiani, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 8, 1146 (1994).Google Scholar
- 3.S. Al-Azawe and G. Y. Sarkis, J. Chem. Eng. Data,18, No. 1, 109 (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.N. N. Suvorov, Yu. I. Smushkevich, V. S. Velezheva, V. S. Rozhkov, and S. V. Simakov, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 2, 191 (1976).Google Scholar
- 5.R. A. Khmel'nitskii, V. I. Vysotskii, I. I. Grandberg, A. N. Kost, and V. A. Budylin, Zh. Org. Khim.,7, 1514 (1971).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1997