Study of cytotoxicity against adenovirally transformed cells in patients with tumours of the urinary tract
- 15 Downloads
Peripheral mononuclear cells of patients with tumours of the prostate and bladder and with papilloma of the bladder were studied for cytotoxicity against adenovirally transformed cell lines. The cytotoxicity of patients with carcinoma of the prostate or bladder revealed no significant changes compared with the control values. Patients with bladder papilloma having received immunostimulant therapy with levamisol over a year showed a significant rise of their cytotoxicity figures in the second 6-month period of study.
KeywordsPublic Health Carcinoma Urinary Tract Mononuclear Cell Papilloma
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Chang, Z. L., Hoffmann, T., Bonvini, E., Stevenson, H. C., Herberman, R. B.: Spontaneous cytotoxicity by monocyte subpopulations of human peripheral blood mononuclear cells against human or mouse anchorage-dependent tumor cell-lines. Contribution of NK-like cells.Scand. J. Immunol., 18, 439 (1983).PubMedGoogle Scholar
- 5.Chang, Z. L., Hoffmann, T., Stevenson, H. C., Trinchieri, G., Herbera, Q. B.: Characterization by monoclonal antibodies of cytotoxic effector cells in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells reactive against anchorage-dependent tumor cell lines.Scand. J. Immunol., 18, 451 (1983).PubMedGoogle Scholar
- 9.Hamerstrom, J., Unsgaard, G., Lamvik, J.: Activation of human monocytes by mediators from lymphocytes stimulated withCorynebacterium parvum.Acta Pathol. Microbiol. Scand., 87, 167 (1979).Google Scholar
- 10.Horváth, J., Nagy, L., Kulcsár, G., Dán, P., Nász, I.: Investigation of lymphocytes of asthma bronchiale patients using microbial antigens in vitro (in Hungarian).Pneumonol. Hung., 30, 343 (1977).Google Scholar
- 14.Romics, I., Fehér, J., Horváth, J., Csontai, A.: Effect of levamisol on immune responsiveness and on recurrences in patients with bladder papilloma.Magy. Onkol. (in press).Google Scholar