Reduction of plutonium to the bivalent state
- 15 Downloads
The existence of the bivalent state of plutonium and the standard oxidation potential of the Pu3+/Pu2+ couple, equal to −2.59 V, have been established for the first time.
KeywordsOxidation Plutonium Oxidation Potential Bivalent State Standard Oxidation
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.K. W. R. Johnson and J. A. Leary, J. Inorg. Nucl. Chem.,26, 103 (1964).Google Scholar
- 2.L. J. Mullins, A. J. Beamont, and J. A. Leary, J. Inorg. Nucl. Chem.,30, 147 (1968).Google Scholar
- 3.L. R. Morss and M. C. McCue, Inorg. Chem.,14, 1624 (1975).Google Scholar
- 4.L. J. Nugent, R. D. Baybarz, J. L. Burnett, and J. L. Ryan, J. Phys. Chem.,77, 1528 (1973).Google Scholar
- 5.V. I. Spitsyn, N. B. Mikheev, L. N. Auérman, I. A. Rumer, and R. A. D'yachkova, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,261, 1154 (1981).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1982