Transesterification of ethyl acetate and butyl butyrate in the presence of sulfuric acid
The transesterification of ethyl acetate and butyl butyrate in the presence of sulfuric acid is zero order in ethyl acetate and first order in butyl butyrate. The activation energy of the reaction is 13 kcal /mole. The SNl mechanism was proposed.
KeywordsAcetate Ethyl Activation Energy Sulfuric Acid Ethyl Acetate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Breslau, Mechanism of Organic Reactions [Russian translation], Mir (1967).Google Scholar
- 2.V. V. Korshak and S. V. Vinogradova, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Otd. Khim. Nauk, 334 (1951).Google Scholar
- 3.V. V. Korshak and S. V. Vinogradova, ibid., 179 (1950).Google Scholar
- 4.H. Becker, Introduction to Electron Theory of Organic Reactions [Russian translation], Mir (1965).Google Scholar
- 5.G. A. Olah, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,89, 5694 (1967).Google Scholar