Radially symmetric flow of a viscous liquid between parallel planes
- 14 Downloads
Axisymmetric spreading of a viscous liquid between parallel planes is studied under conditions of frontal polymerization in the flow. Conditions required for existence of steady-state regimes are determined, together with their number, properties, and stability. Analytical expressions are obtained for the critical parameter values at which steady-state regimes disappear or lose stability. An estimate of maximum reactor output is also obtained.
KeywordsPolymerization Statistical Physic Critical Parameter Parallel Plane Viscous Liquid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. A. Bostandzhiyan, V. I. Boyarchenko, P. V. Zhirkov, and Zh. A. Zinenko, Zh. Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz., No. 1, 130–137 (1979).Google Scholar
- 2.A. S. Babadzhanyan, V. A. Vol'pert, V. A. Vol'pert, et al., “Frontal regimes of exo-thermal reactions in spherical and cylindrical reactors,” Preprint Inst. Khim. Fiz. Akad. Nauk SSSR [in Russian], Chernogolovka (1986).Google Scholar
- 3.A. S. Babadzhanyan, V. A. Vol'pert, V. A. Vol'pert, et al., Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva, No. 6, 77–86 (1988).Google Scholar
- 4.H. Benticha and M. Dudeck, Phys. Chem. Hydrodynam.,8, No. 4, 361–372 (1987).Google Scholar
- 5.G. V. Zhizhin and A. S. Segal', Zh. Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz., No. 2, 62–71 (1988).Google Scholar
- 6.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshits, Hydrodynamics [in Russian], Moscow (1986).Google Scholar
- 7.P. S. Hagan, Stud. Appl. Math.,64, 57–88 (1981).Google Scholar
- 8.K. Uchiyama, J. Math. Kyoto Univ.,18, 453–508 (1978).Google Scholar
- 9.V. A. Vol'pert, “Asymptotic behavior of solutions of the nonlinear diffusion equation with a positive source,” Preprint Inst. Khim. Fiz. Akad. Nauk SSSR [in Russian], Chernogolovka (1983).Google Scholar