Contact creep as the principal source of the losses associated with the rolling of a plastic ball
- 21 Downloads
An engineering method is proposed for calculating the contact creep of plastic balls used in rolling bearings. The method is based on empirical expressions relating the relative creep strain with the specific load and its duration of action. The complex contact-creep characteristics of the material are obtained by means of simple laboratory tests.
KeywordsLaboratory Test Creep Strain Engineering Method Principal Source Rolling Bearing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. N. Ivanov, D. D. Gus'kov, and B. M. Morozov, Collected Papers, Moscow Bauman Higher Technical College [in Russian], Vol. 2, Moscow (1962), p. 20.Google Scholar
- 2.Lee and Radok, Trans. ASME, Ser. E,27, 438 (1960).Google Scholar
- 3.S. B. Ainbinder and M. G. Laka, Mekhan. Polim., No. 3, 337 (1966).Google Scholar
- 4.S. V. Pinegin, Contact Strength in Machinery [in Russian], Moscow (1965).Google Scholar
- 5.R. C. Drutowski, Trans. ASME, Ser. D.87, 724 (1965).Google Scholar