A study of the reaction between an aluminum alkyl and an acyl peroxide
- 25 Downloads
The reaction between the aluminum alkyls (AlEt3 and Al(i-C4H9)3) and benzoyl peroxide has been studied both in the presence and absence of free radical acceptors.
The reaction between an aluminum alkyl and a peroxide is accompanied only by the formation of alkyl free radicals. The organoaluminum compound and not the peroxide is the direct source of these radicals.
KeywordsAluminum Peroxide Free Radical Benzoyl Benzoyl Peroxide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. B. Milovskaya, E. I. Pokrovskii, and E. F. Fedorova, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1093 (1967).Google Scholar
- 2.L. Jamamoto, Bull. Chem. Soc. Japan,37, 1125 (1964).Google Scholar
- 3.P. Allen and J. Hay, Trans. Faraday Soc.,63, 1636 (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.E. Hoffmann, Liebigs Ann. Chem.,629, 114 (1960).Google Scholar
- 5.E. B. Milovskaya, T. G. Zhuravleva, P. I. Dolgopol'skaya, and L. I. Veselova, Vysokomolekul. Soed.,6, 413 (1964).Google Scholar
- 6.E. B. Milovskaya and T. G. Zhuravleva, Vysokomolekul. Soed.,A9, 1128 (1967).Google Scholar
- 7.G. A. Razuvaev and A. I. Graevskii, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,128, 309 (1959).Google Scholar
- 8.G. A. Razuvaev and E. V. Mitrofanova, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,38, 249 (1968).Google Scholar
- 9.E. B. Milovskaya, T. G. Zhuravleva, and L. V. Zamoiskaya, J. Polymer Sci.,C-16, 899 (1967).Google Scholar