Ion association and departure from additivity of equivalent conductance as a function of pressure
- 42 Downloads
The equivalent conductance of mixtures of 0.01 equivalent/liter solutions of MgCl2 and Na2SO4 were measured as a function of pressure at 25°C. Departures from additivity are used to infer the pressure dependence of the concentration of MgSO4 ion pairs. The results are consistent with the pressure dependence of the molal dissociation constant of MgSO4 obtained from pressure conductance studies on aqueous solutions of MgSO4.
Key wordsIon association pressure mixed-salt solution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. W. Davies,J. Chem. Soc. London, 448 (1938);Endeavour 4, 114 (1945).Google Scholar
- 2.F. H. Fisher and A. P. Fox,J. Solution Chem. 4, 225 (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.F. H. Fisher and A. P. Fox,J. Solution Chem. 6, 641 (1977).Google Scholar
- 4.F. H. Fisher and A. P. Fox,J. Solution Chem. 7, 561 (1978).Google Scholar
- 5.F. H. Fisher and A. P. Fox,J. Solution Chem., in press.Google Scholar
- 6.F. H. Fisher,J. Solution Chem. 4, 237 (1975).Google Scholar