The alkaline substances of the protein derived from legume seeds
- 20 Downloads
1. Substances containing a large amount of hexone bases and containing no tryptophan, which permits them to be assigned to the alkaline proteins of the histone type, have been isolated for the first time from legume seeds at pH 9.0–12.5 by a method developed for the purpose.
2. The amino acid composition and some of the properties of these substances have been determined by chromatography.
KeywordsMung Bean Dilute Hydrochloric Acid Caustic Soda Legume Seed Collodion
- 2.G. C. Webster and S. L. Whitman, 5th International Biochemical Congress, Symposium, vol. 2, 10, 1961.Google Scholar
- 3.V. V. Sayanova, Trudy po khimii prirodnykh soedinenii, 2, 101, 1959; 3, 159, 1960.Google Scholar
- 4.A. N. Belozerskii and S. O. Uryson, Biokhim.,23, 568, 1958.Google Scholar
- 5.A. N. Belozerskii and G. I. Abelev, Vestnik Moskovskogo universiteta,9, 103, 1955.Google Scholar
- 6.A. R. Rakhimov and K. G. Ioffe, Uzb. biol. zh., no.1, 3, 1967.Google Scholar