Determination of the activity of neutral proteinases with respect to the homogeneous substrate 2,4-dinitrophenylglycylglycyl-L-valyl-L-arginine
- 17 Downloads
1. A chromogenic specific substrate for neutral proteinases — 2,4-dinitrophenylglycylglycyl-L-valyl-L-arginine — has been synthesized.
2. A method has been developed for determining the activity of neutral proteinases in enzyme preparations with the use of this substrate which is based on the spectrophotometric determination of DNP-glycylglycine formed on the cleavage of the glycyl-valyl bond in the substrate.
3. The applicability of the method to the determination of thermolysin and of the neutral proteinase fromBacillus subtilis has been shown.
KeywordsMethyl Ester Enzyme Preparation Cotton Plant DMFA Neutral Proteinase
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. A. Lyubinskaya, T. I. Vaganova, T. S. Paskhina, and V. M. Stepanov, Biokhimiya,38, 790 (1973).Google Scholar
- 2.L. V. Lastovetskaya, T. I. Vaganova, and V. M. Stepanov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 819 (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.J. Northrop, M. Kunitz, and R. Herriott, Crystalline Enzymes, Columbia University Press, New York (1948).Google Scholar