Determination of the stereochemistry of maleic anhydride units in copolymers ofp-chlorostyrene with maleic anhydride via13C NMR spectroscopy
- 54 Downloads
The configuration of maleic anhydride units in p-chlorostyrene/maleic anhydride copolymers prepared in methyl ethyl ketone at 50 ± 0.1°C and the corresponding comonomer unit sequence distributions were determined using the13C DEPT NMR sequence. It was found that the ratio ofcis (erythro) totrans (threo) configurations of maleic anhydride units increased with the degree of alternation of the comonomer units, reaching a constant value of approximately 0.73 when the comonomer units were almost completely alternating.
KeywordsPolymer Spectroscopy Methyl Ethyl Ketone
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P.G. Brown, K. Fujimori and D.J. Tucker,Polym. Bull. 27, 543 (1992).Google Scholar
- 2.linesim, version 880601, P.F. Barron, Bruker (Aust.) Pty. Ltd. (1988).Google Scholar
- 3.G.B. Butler, C.H. Do and M.C. Zerner,J. Macromol. Sci.- Chem. A26(8), 1115 (1989).Google Scholar
- 4.P.F. Barron, D.J.T. Hill, J.H. O'Donnell and P.W. O'Sullivan,Macromolecules 17, 1967 1967Google Scholar
- 5.D.J.T. Hill, J.H. O'Donnell and P.W. O'Sullivan,Macromolecules 18, 9 (1985).Google Scholar
- 6.K.G. Olson and G.B. Butler,Macromolecules 16, 707 (1983).Google Scholar
- 7.G.B. Butler, K.G. Olson and C.L. Tu,Macromolecules 17, 1884 (1984).Google Scholar
- 8.G.B. Butler and C.H. Do,Makromol. Chem. suppl.15, 93 (1989).Google Scholar