Nitration of 2- and 5-benzyl-3-hydroxypyridines and their N-oxides
The nitration of 2- and 5-benzyl-3-hydroxpyridines and their N-oxides takes place in the para position of the phenyl ring. The introduction of an N-oxide group into the Β-pyridol ring does not affect the orientation of substitution.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Phenyl Nitration Phenyl Ring Para Position
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.F. Bryans and F. L. Pyman, J. Chem. Soc., 552 (1929).Google Scholar
- 2.A. R. Hands and A. R. Katritzky, J. Chem. Soc., 1754 (1958).Google Scholar
- 3.A. R. Katritzky and M. Kingsland, J. Chem. Soc., B, 862 (1968).Google Scholar
- 4.F. de Sarlo and J. H. Ridd, J. Chem. Soc., B, 712 (1971).Google Scholar
- 5.L. D. Smirnov, V. I. Kuz'min, V. P. Lezina, and K. M. Dyumaev, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser Khim., 1897 (1970).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1976