Unusual switchable peroxidase-mimicking nanozyme for the determination of proteolytic biomarker
Keywordsgold nanoparticles peroxidase-mimicking nanozyme enzyme detection biomarkers
The author C. M. and N. L. thank the PhD studentship support from the Department of Employment and Learning for Northern Ireland (DEL); C. C. thanks the strong support from the Central Research Support Funds of Queen’s University Belfast via a start-up grant, the support from the Agri-Food Quest Competence Centre R&D funding programme sponsored by Invest Northern Ireland Agency (Invest NI), and the support from the Queen’s University of Belfast AMR Network (QUBAN) sponsored by the UK’s Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC).
- Shen, J. J.; Person, M. D.; Zhu, J. J.; Abbruzzese, J. L.; Li, D. H. Protein expression profiles in pancreatic adenocarcinoma compared with normal pancreatic tissue and tissue affected by pancreatitis as detected by two-dimensional gel electrophoresis and mass spectrometry. Cancer Res. 2004, 64, 9018–9026.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Rissin, D. M.; Kan, C. W.; Campbell, T. G.; Howes, S. C.; Fournier, D. R.; Song, L. N.; Piech, T.; Patel, P. P.; Chang, L.; Rivnak, A. J. et al. Singlemolecule enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay detects serum proteins at subfemtomolar concentrations. Nat. Biotechnol. 2010, 28, 595–599.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Liao, H.; Wu, J.; Kuhn, E.; Chin, W.; Chang, B.; Jones, M. D.; O'Neil, S.; Clauser, K. R.; Karl, J.; Hasler, F. et al. Use of mass spectrometry to identify protein biomarkers of disease severity in the synovial fluid and serum of patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2004, 50, 3792–3803.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Kim, S. H.; Park, M. K.; Kim, J. Y.; Chuong, P. D.; Lee, Y. S.; Yoon, B. S.; Hwang, K. K.; Lim, Y. K. Development of a sandwich ELISA for the detection of Listeria spp. using specific flagella antibodies. J. Vet. Sci. 2005, 6, 41–46.Google Scholar
- Cupp-Enyard, C. Use of the protease fluorescent detection kit to determine protease activity. J. Vis. Exp. 2009, 30, e1514.Google Scholar
- Richardson, B. C.; Pearce, K. N. The determination of plasmin in dairy products. N. Z. J. Dairy Sci. Technol. 1981, 16, 209–220.Google Scholar
Open Access: This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license, and indicate if changes were made.