Measurement of the charge asymmetry for the KS → πeν decay and test of CPT symmetry with the KLOE detector
- 40 Downloads
Using 1.63 fb−1 of integrated luminosity collected by the KLOE experiment about 7 × 104 KS → π±e∓ν decays have been reconstructed. The measured value of the charge asymmetry for this decay is AS = (−4.9 ± 5.7stat ± 2.6syst) × 10−3, which is almost twice more precise than the previous KLOE result. The combination of these two measurements gives AS = (−3.8 ± 5.0stat ± 2.6syst) × 10−3 and, together with the asymmetry of the KL semileptonic decay, provides significant tests of the CPT symmetry. The obtained results are in agreement with CPT invariance.
KeywordsCP violation e+-e- Experiments Flavor physics
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.
- L. Maiani, CP and CPT violation in neutral kaon decays, in The Second DAΦNE Physics Handbook. Volume I, L. Maiani, G. Pancheri and N. Paver eds., INFN, Frascati Italy (1995), pp. 3–26 [INSPIRE].
- J.S. Bell and J. Steinberger, Weak interactions of kaons, in proceeedings of the Oxford International Conference on Elementary Particles, Oxford, U.K., 19–25 September 1965 [INSPIRE].
- Particle Data Group collaboration, C. Patrignani et al., Review of Particle Physics, Chin. Phys. C 40 (2016) 100001 [INSPIRE].
- A. Di Domenico, Handbook on Neutral Kaon Interferometry at a ϕ-factory, Frascati Physics Series, volume 43, INFN, Frascati Italy (2007) [INSPIRE].
- KLOE collaboration, M. Adinolfi et al., The trigger system of the KLOE experiment, Nucl. Instrum. Meth. A 492 (2002) 134 [INSPIRE].