Journal on Data Semantics
With the Web serving as a huge worldwide data repository, issues related to data semantics (familiar to database modelers since the 1970s) have again become of paramount importance. As Web data comes from heterogeneous, possibly unknown and mostly uncontrolled sources, it is anything but obvious how the information beyond the most basic factual data can be correctly understood. The same concern applies to data that is exchanged between systems that need to agree on its meaning in order to avoid dangerous misunderstandings. Semantic elicitation and the availability of appropriate semantic metadata are the key to the meaningful use of information in modern distributed environments.
The Journal on Data Semantics (JoDS) provides an international high-quality publication venue for researchers whose themes cover issues related to information semantics. Its target domain ranges from theories supporting the formal definition of semantic content to innovative domain-specific applications of semantic knowledge, thus covering work done on conceptual modeling, databases, Semantic Web, information systems, workflow and process modeling, ontologies, business intelligence, interoperability, mobile information services, data warehousing, knowledge representation and reasoning, and artificial intelligence.
Topics of relevance to this journal include (but are not limited to):
- Conceptualization, knowledge representation and reasoning
- Conceptual data, process, workflow, and event modeling
- Provenance, evolution and change management
- Context and context-dependent representations and processing
- Multi-model and multi-paradigm approaches
- Mappings, transformations, reverse engineering and semantic elicitation
- Semantic interoperability, semantic mediators and metadata management
- Ontology models and languages, ontology-driven applications
- Ontology, schema, data and process integration, reconciliat
3 Volumes 10 Issues 45 Articles available from 2012 - 2014Browse Volumes & Issues
- Journal Title
- Journal on Data Semantics
- Volume 1 / 2012 - Volume 3 / 2014
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.