Milk and Milk Products
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Milk and milk products cover a very wide range of raw materials and manufactured products. No attempt is made in this chapter to deal with all of them. Rather, the properties and processing of fluid milk and some of the more common products manufactured from it, such as specialty milks, ice cream, and cheese, are discussed. Butter and margarine are considered in Chapter 16 on fats and oils.
- Arbuckle, W.S. 1986, Ice Cream. 4th ed. Chapman & Hall, London, New York. CrossRef
- Burton, H. 1988. Ultra-High-Temperature Processing of Milk and Milk Products. Chapman & Hall, London, New York.
- Card, M. 1994. Concentrated and Dried Dairy Products. VCH, New York.
- DiLiello, L.R. 1982. Methods in Food and Dairy Microbiology. AVI, Westport, CT.
- Food and Agricultural Organization. 1990. The Technology of Traditional Milk Products in Developing Countries. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Rome.
- Fox, P.F. 1987. Cheese. Chemistry, Physics, and Microbiology. Chapman & Hall, London, New York.
- Fox, P.F. 1989. Functional Milk Proteins. Chapman & Hall, London, New York.
- Fox, P.F. 1992. Advanced Dairy Chemistry. Chapman & Hall, London, New York.
- Kosikowski, F.V. 1977. Cheese and Fermented Milk Foods. 2nd ed. F.V. Kosikowski, Brooktondale, NY.
- Kurmann, J.A., Rasic, J.L., and Kroger, M. 1992. Encyclopedia of Fermented Fresh Milk Products: An International Inventory of Fermented Milk, Cream, Buttermilk, Whey, and Related Products. Chapman & Hall, London, New York.
- Lablee, J. 1987. Cheese manufacture. In Cheesemaking: Science and Technology, A. Eck (Editor). Lavoisier Publishing, New York, pp. 406–412.
- Renner, E. 1983. Milk and Dairy Products in Human Nutrition. Volkswirtschaftlicher Verlag, Munchen.
- Robinson, R.K. 1990. Dairy Microbiology. 2nd ed. Chapman & Hall, London, New York.
- Robinson, R.K. 1994. Modern Dairy Technology. 2nd ed. Chapman & Hall, London, New York. CrossRef
- Saunders, G.P. 1953. Cheese varieties and descriptions. In Agriculture Handbook 54. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Washington, DC.
- Scott, R. 1986. Cheesemaking Practice. 2nd ed. Elsevier Applied Science Publishers, New York.
- Varnam, A.H. 1994. Milk and Milk Products: Technology, Chemistry and Microbiology. Chapman & Hall, London, New York. CrossRef
- Webb, B.H., Johnson, A.H., and Alford, J.A. 1974. Fundamentals of Dairy Chemistry. 2nd ed. AVI Publishing Co., Westport, CT.
- Wong, N.P. 1988. Fundamentals of Dairy Chemistry. 3rd Ed. Chapman & Hall, London, New York.
- Milk and Milk Products
- Book Title
- Food Science
- Book Subtitle
- Fifth Edition
- pp 279-315
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Food Science Text Series
- Series ISSN
- Springer US
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media New York
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.