Quantitative Reference Intensity Analysis: Methodology and Means for Verification of Results
- Briant L. Davis
- … show all 1 hide
The success of any quantitative x-ray diffraction (XRD) analytical technique depends upon good control of particle size in the sample, elimination of preferred orientation of particles, and, in the case of the reference intensity method (RIM)1 , 2, the measurement of high-quality reference intensity ratios (ki, or RIR). The method developed in our laboratory eliminates preferred orientation by use of an aerosol suspension technique3 , 4 in which the sample particles are carried vertically into a glass fiber filter5 , 6.
- F. H. Chung, A new x-ray diffraction method for quantitative multicomponent analysis, Adv. X-ray Anal. 17: 106 (1974).
- B. L. Davis, “Standardless” x-ray diffraction quantitative analysis, Atm. Environ. 14: 217 (1980).
- B. L. Davis, A tubular aerosol suspension chamber for the preparation of powder samples for x-ray diffraction analysis, Powd. Diff. 1: 240 (1986).
- B. L. Davis and L. R. Johnson, On the use of various filter substrates for quantitative particulate analysis by x-ray diffraction, Atm. Environ. 16: 273 (1982).
- B. L. Davis and L. R. Johnson, Sample preparation and methodology for x-ray quantitative analysis of thin aerosol layers deposited on glass fiber and membrane filters, Adv. X-ray Anal. 25: 295 (1982).
- B. L. Davis, Reference intensity quantitative analysis using thin-layer aerosol samples, Adv. X-ray Anal. 27: 339 (1984). CrossRef
- B. L. Davis and L. R. Johnson, The use of mass absorption in quantitative x-ray diffraction analysis, Adv. X-ray Anal. (in press).
- B. L. Davis and M. J. Walawender, Quantitative mineralogical analysis of granitoid rocks: A comparison of x-ray and optical techniques, Am. Mineral. 67: 1135 (1982).
- H. I. Britt and R. H. Luecke, The estimation of parameters in nonlinear, implicit models, Technometrics 15: 233 (1973). CrossRef
- Quantitative Reference Intensity Analysis: Methodology and Means for Verification of Results
- Book Title
- X-Ray and Neutron Structure Analysis in Materials Science
- Book Part
- pp 15-21
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer US
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag US
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.