Assessment of Ethanol Consumption with a Wearable, Electronic Ethanol Sensor/Recorder
- Robert M. SwiftAffiliated withBrown University
- , Larry SwetteAffiliated withGiner, Inc.
Accurate and reliable measurement of alcohol consumption over extended time periods is important for treatment, research, and forensic applications. In a clinical setting, assessing alcohol consumption is important for identifying problem drinking and monitoring treatment compliance in individuals undergoing substance-abuse treatment. In a research setting, determining consumption is necessary to assess treatment outcomes and to understand patterns and amounts of drinking behaviors in various cohorts. Forensic applications include monitoring alcohol use in special populations, including transportation workers, drunk drivers, and impaired professionals.
- Assessment of Ethanol Consumption with a Wearable, Electronic Ethanol Sensor/Recorder
- Book Title
- Measuring Alcohol Consumption
- Book Subtitle
- Psychosocial and Biochemical Methods
- pp 189-202
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Humana Press
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media New York
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.