Find out how to access preview-only content
2006, pp 350-351
- … show all 0 hide
- Leuckart, R. Ber. Dtsch. Chem. Ges. 1885, 18, 2341. Carl L. R. A. Leuckart (1854–1889) was born in Giessen, Germany. After studying under Bunsen, Kolbe, and von Baeyer, he became an assistant professor at Göttingen. Unfortunately, chemistry lost a brilliant contributor by his sudden death at age 35 as a result of a fall in his parent’s house.
- Wallach, O. Justus Liebigs Ann. Chem. 1892, 272, 99. Otto Wallach (1847–1931), born in Königsberg, Prussia, studied under Wöhler and Hofmann. He was the director of the Chemical Institute at Göttingen from 1889 to 1915. His book “Terpene und Kampfer” served as the foundation for future work in terpene chemistry. Wallach was awarded the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 1910 for his work on alicyclic compounds.
- Moore, M. L. Org. React. 1948, 5, 301. (Review).
- Staple, Ezra; Wagner, E. C. J. Org. Chem. 1949, 14, 559. CrossRef
- DeBenneville, P. L.; Macartney, J. H. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1950, 72, 3073. CrossRef
- Lukasiewiecz, A. Tetrahedron 1963, 19, 1789. (Mechanism). CrossRef
- Bach, R. D. J. Org. Chem. 1968, 33, 1647. CrossRef
- Doorenbos, N. J.; Solomons, W. E. Chem. Ind. 1970, 1322.
- Ito, K.; Oba, H.; Sekiya, M. Bull. Chem. Soc. Jpn. 1976, 49, 2485. CrossRef
- Musumarra, G.; Sergi, C. Heterocycles 1994, 37, 1033. CrossRef
- Kitamura, M.; Lee, D.; Hayashi, S.; Tanaka, S.; Yoshimura, M. J. Org. Chem. 2002, 67, 8685. CrossRef
- Leuckart-Wallach reaction
- Book Title
- Name Reactions
- Book Subtitle
- A Collection of Detailed Reaction Mechanisms
- pp 350-351
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.