Prediction of the potential of microreactors for heterogeneously catalysed gas phase reactions
- Thomas StiefAffiliated withKarl Winnacker Institute of DECHEMA e.V.
- , Otto-Ulrich LangerAffiliated withKarl Winnacker Institute of DECHEMA e.V.
The practical applicability of microreaction technology is an unsolved problem. A program has been developed for potential users of microreaction technology to predict the feasibility of applying this technology for a specific synthesis in a microreactor. The program consists of two parts. In the first part basic process equations and parameters and a simplified model of the microreactor are used to obtain preliminary information on the applicability of the microreactor. The second part provides a more detailed consideration of the potential of applying a microreactor, using a detailed microreactor model (CPU intensive). This study presents the program structure and features, and also test cases on technically relevant reactions.
Keywordsmicroreactor modelling technical use potential
- Prediction of the potential of microreactors for heterogeneously catalysed gas phase reactions
- Book Title
- Microreaction Technology
- Book Subtitle
- IMRET 5: Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Microreaction Technology
- Book Part
- Part 2
- pp 121-130
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- technical use
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. Laboratoire des Sciences du Genie Chimique
- 3. DECHEMA e.V.
- Author Affiliations
- 4. Karl Winnacker Institute of DECHEMA e.V., Theodor-Heuss-Allee 25, 60486, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.