Yet Another Three QVT Languages
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The early enthusiasm, in 2002, for model to model transformation languages led to eight submissions for an OMG standard comprising three languages, yet no commercial products. The QVT Core language was intended as the foundation for QVT Relations but the available implementations have ignored the core language. Rather than ignoring the core language, we take the opposite approach and introduce three more core languages. Progressive program-to-program transformation through these core languages terminates in an easily implemented imperative language that supports declarative transformations.
There are currently only two freely available but discouragingly stable implementations of QVTr. There are no implementations for QVTc. The Eclipse QVT Declarative project provides only models, editors and parsers for both QVTr and QVTc. We outline progress to remedy the execution deficiency.
- OMG: Meta Object Facility (MOF) 2.0 Query/View/Transformation Specification. version 1.1 (January 2011), http://www.omg.org/spec/QVT/1.1/
- Willink, E.D.: An extensible ocl virtual machine and code generator. In: Proceedings of the 12th Workshop on OCL and Textual Modelling, OCL 2012, pp. 13–18. ACM (2012)
- Yet Another Three QVT Languages
- Book Title
- Theory and Practice of Model Transformations
- Book Subtitle
- 6th International Conference, ICMT 2013, Budapest, Hungary, June 18-19, 2013. Proceedings
- pp 58-59
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 16. Queensland University of Technology
- 17. Vienna University of Technology
- Author Affiliations
- 18. Willink Transformations Ltd., Reading, UK
- 19. The University of York, York, UK
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.