Paleomagnetism of boundary oligocene-miocene deposits in the Kompasskii Bor tract on the Tym River (Western Siberia)
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
We present the results of a complex (paleomagnetic, geological-stratigraphic, and paleontological) study of reference sections of Oligocene-Miocene deposits in the Kompasskii Bor tract on the Tym River in the eastern part of the western Siberian plate. Three sections of the Kompasskii Bor tract are studied: Belyi Yar (200-m mark), Belyi Yar (300-m mark), and Dunaevskii Yar (200-m mark). A composite magnetostratigraphic section of deposits, including the Oligocene-Miocene boundary dated at 23.8 Ma, is compiled with allowance for the complex data. Two magnetozones (of normal and reversed polarities) are identified in this section. The scale of magnetic polarity of the Cenozoic of the western Siberian plate at the Oligocene-Miocene boundary is determined in greater detail. The time interval of the upper part of the Zhuravka series (Chattian) and the Lyamin layers of the Abrosimov series (Aquitanian) is 24.6-22.9 Ma.
- W. A. Berggren, D. V. Kent, C. C. Swicher, and M. P. Aubry, “A Revised Cenozoic Geochronology and Chronostratigraphy,” in SEPM (Society for Sedimentary Geology). Oklahoma. USA. Special Publication (1995), pp. 129–212.
- P. I. Dorofeev, “On the Oligocene Flora in the Dunaevskii Terrain (Tym River, Western Siberia),” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 132(3), 659–661 (1960).
- P. I. Dorofeev, Tertiary Floras in Western Siberia (AN SSSR, Moscow, 1963) [in Russian].
- R. J. Enkin, A Computer Program Package for Analysis and Presentation of Paleomagnetic Data (Pacific Geoscience Centre. Geol. Survey Canada, Sidney, 1994).
- Z. N. Gnibidenko, “Paleomagnetism of the Paleogene of the West Siberian Plate,” Geol. Geofiz. 47(6), 762–777 (2006a).
- Z. N. Gnibidenko, Paleomagnetism of the Cenozoic of the West Siberian Plate (Geo, Novosibirsk, 2006b) [in Russian].
- Z. N. Gnibidenko, “Paleomagnetism of the Late Cenozoic of the West Siberian Plate,” Geol. Geofiz. 48(4), 431–445 (2007).
- M. G. Gorbunov, “Geological Description of the Kompasskii Bor Terrain, Tym River, Western Siberia,” in Uch. Zap. Tomsk Gosud. Univ. (Tomsk Univ., Tomsk, 1962), No. 44, pp. 26–55 [in Russian].
- M. G. Gorbunov and G. A. Pospelova, “Paleomagnetism of Lower Miocene Lacustrine Clays of the Tym River (Western Siberia),” Geol. Geofiz., No. 4, 99–106 (1966).
- J. L. Kirschvink, “The Least Square Line and Plane and the Analysis of Paleomagnetic Data,” Geophys. J. Roy. Astron. Soc. 62, 699–718 (1980).
- E. A. Molostovskii and A. N. Khramov, Magnetostratigraphy and Its Implications in Geology (SGU, Saratov, 1997) [in Russian].
- V. P. Nikitin, “On the Stratigraphic Position of the Tertiary Kompasskii Bor Flora (the Tym River),” in Some Problems of the Geology of Western Siberia (Proc. of Tomsk Univ., No. 63) (Tomsk Univ., Tomsk, 1967), pp. 78–93 [in Russian].
- V. P. Nikitin, Paleocarpology and Stratigraphy of the Paleogene and Neogene in Northern Asia, Doctoral (Geol.-Miner.) Dissertation, Novosibirsk: OAO Novosibirskgeologiya, 1999) p. 54.
- P. A. Nikitin and M. G. Gorbunov, “Evidence for Fossil Flora in the Tym River Valley (Western Siberia),” in Reports of the Paleobotanic Conference (Tomsk Univ., Tomsk, 1962), pp. 70–78 [in Russian].
- Paleomagnetology, Ed. by A. N. Khramov, G. I. Goncharov, R. A. Komissarova, et al. (Nedra, Leningrad, 1982) [in Russian].
- Unified Regional Stratigraphic Schemes of Paleogene and Neogene Deposits in the West Siberian Plain: Explanatory Note and a Scheme (SNIIGGiMS, Novosibirsk, 2001) [in Russian].
- J. D. A. Zijderveld, “A.C. Demagnetization of Rocks: Analysis of Results,” in Methods in Paleomagnetism (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1967), pp. 254–286.
- Paleomagnetism of boundary oligocene-miocene deposits in the Kompasskii Bor tract on the Tym River (Western Siberia)
Izvestiya, Physics of the Solid Earth
Volume 45, Issue 1 , pp 70-79
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors