2D modeling of the regeneration surface growth on crystals
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A physical model is proposed to describe the growth of regeneration surfaces (flat crystal surfaces that are not parallel to any possible faces). According to this model, the change in the growth rate of a regeneration surface during its evolution and the decrease in the number of subindividuals forming the growth front can be explained by the implementation of two types of geometric selection: within each subindividual (the absorption of rapidly growing faces by slowly growing ones) and between subindividuals (when subindividuals absorb each other). A numerical modeling of the growth of the regeneration surface (30.30.19) of potassium alum crystals showed quantitative agreement between the model proposed and the experimental data.
- Askhabov, A. M. (1979) Regeneration of Crystals. Nauka, Moscow
- M. N. Balasheva and I. I. Shafranovskii, Zap. Vses. Mineral. O-va, No. 1, 97 (1948).
- Gavryushkin, P. N., Tomas, V. G. (2009) Crystallogr. Rep. 54: pp. 334 CrossRef
- Taylor, J. E., Cahn, J. W., Handwerker, C. A. (1992) Acta Metall. Mater. 40: pp. 1443 CrossRef
- Brednikhina, A., Debelov, V. A. (2009) J. Cryst. Growth 311: pp. 666 CrossRef
- P. N. Gavryushkin and V. G. Tomas, Proc. Int. Conf. “Crystallogenesis and Mineralogy”, (St. Petersburg, October 1–5, 2007), p. 10.
- Nikol’skii, B. P., Grigorov, O. N., Pozin, M. E. (1964) Handbook of Chemist. Khimiya, Moscow
- Winchell, A. N., Winchell, H. (1964) Optical Properties of Artificial Minerals. Academic, New York
- Sipovskii, D. P. (1964) Sov. Phys. Crystallogr. 9: pp. 190
- Kovalevskii, A. N. (1975) Candidate’s Dissertation in Geology and Mineralogy. IV DVNTs AN SSSR, Novosibirsk
- 2D modeling of the regeneration surface growth on crystals
Volume 57, Issue 6 , pp 848-859
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
- Additional Links