Amplitude dependent internal friction and generation of harmonics in granite resonator
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The results of experimental and theoretical studies of low-frequency effects of amplitude dependent internal friction (nonlinear losses and resonance frequency shift) and generation of second and third harmonics in an acoustic bar resonator made of Karelian granite are presented. The analytical description of the observed effects is performed within the framework of phenomenological hysteretic equations of state containing elastic and inelastic hysteresis. It was shown that elastic cubic hysteresis is manifested at small amplitudes of strains, whereas superposition of elastic and inelastic quadratic hysteresises occurs at large amplitudes of strain. Relative weights of these hysteresises and effective parameters of acoustic nonlinearity of granite are determined.
- V. E. Nazarov, L. A. Ostrovsky, I. A. Soustova, and A. M. Sutin, Phys. Earth Planet. Inter. 50(1), 65 (1988). CrossRef
- V. E. Nazarov, Fiz. Met. Metalloved., No. 3, 172 (1991).
- S. V. Zimenkov and V. E. Nazarov, Fiz. Zemli, No. 1, 13 (1993).
- R. A. Guyer and P. A. Johnson, Phys. Today, No. 4, 30 (1999).
- L. A. Ostrovsky and P. A. Johnson, Riv. Nuovo Cim. 24, 1–46 (2001).
- O. V. Rudenko, Usp. Fiz. Nauk 176, 77 (2006) [Phys. Usp. 49, 69 (2006)]. CrossRef
- L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Course of Theoretical Physics, Vol. 7: Theory of Elasticity (Nauka, Moscow, 1987; Pergamon, Oxford, 1986).
- L. K. Zarembo and V. A. Krasil’nikov, Usp. Fiz. Nauk 102, 549 (1970) [Sov. Phys. Usp. 13, 778 (1970)].
- L. K. Zarembo and V. A. Krasil’nikov, Introduction to Nonlinear Physical Acoustics (Nauka, Moscow, 1966) [in Russian].
- O. V. Rudenko, “Actual Problems in Nonlinear Acoustics,” in Nonlinear Waves-2006, Ed. by A. V. Gaponov and V. I. Nekorkin (IPF RAN, Nizhni Novgorod, 2007) [in Russian].
- O. V. Rudenko, in Acoustics of Heterogeneous Mediums, Proceedings of the Seminar of Science School of S. A. Rybak (2007), pp. 14–28.
- A. Granato and K. Lucke, J. Appl. Phys. 27(5), 583 (1956). CrossRef
- D. Niblett and J. Wilkes, Usp. Fiz. Nauk 80, 125 (1963).
- Ultrasounds Methods of Dislocation Study, Collected Vol., Ed. by L. G. Merkulov (Inostr. Literatura, Moscow, 1963) [in Russian].
- Physical Acoustics, Vol. 4: Applications to Quantum and Solid State Physics, Ed. by U. Mason (Academic Press, New York, 1975; Mir, Moscow, 1969).
- R. Truell, C. Elbaum, and B. B. Chick, Ultrasonic Methods in Solid State Physics (Mir, Moscow, 1972; Academic Press, New York, 1969).
- S. Asano, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 29(4), 952 (1970). CrossRef
- A. B. Lebedev, Fiz. Tverd. Tela 41, 1214 (1999) [Phys. Solid State 41, 1105 (1999)].
- V. E. Nazarov, A. V. Radostin, L. A. Ostrovskiĭ, and I. A. Soustova, Akust. Zh. 49, 405 (2003) [Acoust. Phys. 49, 344 (2003)].
- G. S. Pisarenko, Vibrations of Mechanical Systems with Allowance for the Imperfect Elasticity of the Material (Naukova Dumka, Kiev, 1970) [in Russian].
- V. E. Nazarov, A. B. Kolpakov, and A. V. Radostin, Akust. Zh. 53, 254 (2007) [Acoust. Phys. 53, 217 (2007)].
- Amplitude dependent internal friction and generation of harmonics in granite resonator
Volume 55, Issue 1 , pp 100-107
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors