A Priori Assertions Versus Empirical Inquiry: A Reply to Kleck
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Clinton, W. J. (2000). State of the Union Address, Office of the Press Secretary, The White House (available at www.pub.whitehouse.gov).
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (1996). Crime in the United States 1995, U.S. Department of Justice, Washington, DC.
- Kleck, G. (1991). Point Blank: Guns and Violence in America, Aldine de Gruyter, New York.
- Kleck, G. (1997). Targeting Guns: Firearms and Their Control, Aldine de Gruyter, Hawthorne, NY.
- Kleck, G. (2001). Impossible policy evaluations and impossible conclusions-A comment on Koper and Roth. J. Quant. Criminol. 17: 75–80.
- Koper, C. S., and Roth, J. A. (2001). The impact of the 1994 federal assault weapon ban on gun violence outcomes: An assessment of multiple outcome measures and some lessons for policy evaluation. J. Quant. Criminol. 17: 33–74.
- Maguire, K., and Pastore, A. L. (eds.) (1998). Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics 1997, Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. Department of Justice, Washington, DC.
- Mokrzycki, M. (1993). Massacre on commuter train: Gunman was driven by racial hatred. The Associated Press, Dec. 9.
- Rand, M. R. (1994). Guns and Crime (Crime Data Brief), Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. Department of Justice, Washington, DC.
- Roth, J. A., and Koper, C. S. (1997). Impact Evaluation of the Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act of 1994, Urban Institute, Washington, DC.
- Roth, J. A., and Koper, C. S. (1999). Impacts of the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban, 1994–96 (Research in Brief ), National Institute of Justice, U.S. Department of Justice, Washington, DC.
- Webster, D. W., Champion, H. R., Gainer, P. S., and Sykes, L. (1992). Epidemiological changes in gunshot wounds in Washington, DC, 1983–1990. Arch. Surg. 127: 694–698.
- A Priori Assertions Versus Empirical Inquiry: A Reply to Kleck
Journal of Quantitative Criminology
Volume 17, Issue 1 , pp 81-88
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links