Iterated Belief Revision and Conditional Logic
- Laura GiordanoAffiliated withDSTA, Università del Piemonte Orientale "A. Avogadro"
- , Valentina GliozziAffiliated withDipartimento di Informatica, Università di Torino
- , Nicola OlivettiAffiliated withDipartimento di Informatica, Università di Torino
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In this paper we propose a conditional logic called IBC to represent iterated belief revision systems. We propose a set of postulates for iterated revision which are a small variant of Darwiche and Pearl's ones. The conditional logic IBC has a standard semantics in terms of selection function models and provides a natural representation of epistemic states. We establish a correspondence between iterated belief revision systems and IBC-models. Our representation theorem does not entail Gärdenfors' Triviality Result.
- Iterated Belief Revision and Conditional Logic
Volume 70, Issue 1 , pp 23-47
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors