Constructions and Properties of k out of n Visual Secret Sharing Schemes
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The idea of visual k out of n secret sharing schemes was introduced in Naor. Explicit constructions for k = 2 and k = n can be found there. For general k out of n schemes bounds have been described.
Here, two general k out of n constructions are presented. Their parameters are related to those of maximum size arcs or MDS codes. Further, results on the structure of k out of n schemes, such as bounds on their parameters, are obtained. Finally, the notion of coloured visual secret sharing schemes is introduced and a general construction is given.
- B. Arazi, I. Dinstein and O. Kafri, Intuition, perception, and secure communication, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Vol. 19 (1989) pp. 1016–1020.
- F. van der Heijden, Image Based measurement Systems, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester (1994).
- F. J. MacWilliams and N. J. A. Sloane, The Theory of Error-Correcting Codes, North Holland, Amsterdam etc., 1977.
- M. Naor and A. Shamir, Visual cryptography, Preproceedings of Eurocrypt '94 (1994) pp. 1–11.
- W. K. Pratt, Digital Image Processing, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester (1991).
- W. Rudin, Functional Analysis, MacGraw-Hill Series in Higher Mathematics, MacGraw-Hill, New York (1973).
- L. Storme and J. A. Thas, M. D. S. codes and arcs in P G(n, q) with q even: an improvement of the bounds of Bruen, Thas and Blokhuis, Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series A, Vol. 62 (1993) pp. 139–154
- J. A. Thas, Projective geometry over a finite field, Chapter 7 in Handbook of Incidence Geometry (F. Buekenhout, ed.), Elsevier Science, Amsterdam (1995).
- Constructions and Properties of k out of n Visual Secret Sharing Schemes
Designs, Codes and Cryptography
Volume 11, Issue 2 , pp 179-196
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- visual cryptography
- secret sharing schemes
- MDS codes
- Industry Sectors