Constructions and Properties of k out of n Visual Secret Sharing Schemes
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The idea of visual k out of n secret sharing schemes was introduced in Naor. Explicit constructions for k = 2 and k = n can be found there. For general k out of n schemes bounds have been described.
Here, two general k out of n constructions are presented. Their parameters are related to those of maximum size arcs or MDS codes. Further, results on the structure of k out of n schemes, such as bounds on their parameters, are obtained. Finally, the notion of coloured visual secret sharing schemes is introduced and a general construction is given.
- Arazi, B., Dinstein, I., Kafri, O. (1989) Intuition, perception, and secure communication. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics 19: pp. 1016-1020
- van der Heijden, F. (1994) Image Based measurement Systems. John Wiley & Sons, Chichester
- MacWilliams, F. J., Sloane, N. J. A. (1977) The Theory of Error-Correcting Codes. North Holland, Amsterdam etc.
- M. Naor and A. Shamir, Visual cryptography, Preproceedings of Eurocrypt '94 (1994) pp. 1–11.
- Pratt, W. K. (1991) Digital Image Processing. John Wiley & Sons, Chichester
- Rudin, W. (1973) Functional Analysis. MacGraw-Hill, New York
- Storme, L., Thas, J. A. (1993) M. D. S. codes and arcs in P G(n, q) with q even: an improvement of the bounds of Bruen, Thas and Blokhuis. Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series A 62: pp. 139-154
- Thas, J. A. Projective geometry over a finite field. In: Buekenhout, F. eds. (1995) Handbook of Incidence Geometry. Elsevier Science, Amsterdam
- Constructions and Properties of k out of n Visual Secret Sharing Schemes
Designs, Codes and Cryptography
Volume 11, Issue 2 , pp 179-196
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- visual cryptography
- secret sharing schemes
- MDS codes
- Industry Sectors