Unusual reaction of 1H-perimidines with sodium azide and benzoyl hydrazine in polyphosphoric acid
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Azapyrenes are used as organic luminophores and dyes, and they include compounds with high cytostatic and analgesic activity [1–3]. None the less there are a limited number of methods for the synthesis of such compounds, particularly those with functional groups. In this work, we propose a one-pot method for preparing the 10-amino-1,2,6,8-tetraazapyrenes 8a-c, based on our recently discovered method for the amination of perimidines with sodium azide in polyphosphoric acid (PPA) [4,5].
It was found that a reaction of perimidines 1a-c with NaN3 in PPA at 70-80°C, and further with benzoyl hydrazine in the ratio 1:3:1 at 125-135°C gave the previously unknown 10-amino-1,2,6,8-tetraazapyrenes 8a-c in 34-41% yields.
The reaction scheme, as reported in the studies [4,5], includes the formation of the intermediates 2a-c which are acylated by benzoyl hydrazine to give compounds 3a-c (found in equilibrium with 4a-c). Through an intramolecular nucleophilic substitution the latter are converted to th
- A. D. Andricopolo, L. A. Muller, V. C. Filho, G.-N. R. J. Cani, and R. A. Yunes, Farmaco, 55, 319 (2000). CrossRef
- S. Roknic, L. Glavas-Obrovac, I. Karner, I. Piantanida, M. Zinic, and K. Pavelic, Chemotherapy, 46, 143 (2000). CrossRef
- A. M. Brun and A. Harriman, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 113, 8153 (1991). CrossRef
- A. V. Aksenov, A. S. Lyakhovnenko, and N. Ts. Karaivanov, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., 1091 (2009). [Chem. Heterocycl. Compd., 45, 871 (2009)].
- A. V. Aksenov, A. S. Lyakhovnenko, N. Ts. Karaivanov, and I. I. Levina, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., 591 (2010). [Chem. Heterocycl. Compd., 46, 468 (2010).
- F. Uhlig, Angew. Chem., 66, 435 (1954). CrossRef
- Unusual reaction of 1H-perimidines with sodium azide and benzoyl hydrazine in polyphosphoric acid
Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds
Volume 48, Issue 8 , pp 1275-1277
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- benzoyl hydrazine
- polyphosphoric acid
- sodium azide
- Industry Sectors