A test for randomness of the environments in a branching process
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This paper discusses an approximate score test for testing randomness of environments in a branching process without observing the environments. Using an appropriate martingale central limit theorem the asymptotic null distribution of test statistic is shown to be normal. When the offspring distribution is Poisson, the detail derivation of asymptotic distribution of the test statistic is presented.
- Athreya, K. B. and Karlin, S. (1971). On branching process with random environments I–IIAnn. Math. Stat. 42, p. 1499–1520 and 1843–1858. CrossRef
- Becker, N. (1977). Estimation for discrete time branching process with application to epidemics.Biometrics,33, p. 515–522. CrossRef
- Billingsley, P. (1968).Convergence of Probability Measures, John Wiley, New York.
- Dion, J.P. and Esty, W.W. (1979). Estimation problems in branching processes with random environments,Ann. Stat. 7, No. 3., p. 680–685. CrossRef
- Dion, J.P. and Essebbar (1994). On statistics of controlled branching processes. Tech. Report. March 1994, No. University of du Quebec a Montreal.
- Guttorp, P. (1991).Statistical Inference for Branching Processes, John Wiley, New York.
- Scott, D. J. (1978). A central limit theorem for martingales and applications to branching processes.Stoch. Proc. Appl. 6, p. 241–252. CrossRef
- Smith, W. L. (1968). Necessary conditions for almost sure extinction of a branching process with random environment.Ann. Math. Stat.,39, p. 2136–2140. CrossRef
- Smith, W. L. and Wilkinson, W. (1969). On branching processes in random environments.Ann. of Math. Stat. 40, 814–827. CrossRef
- A test for randomness of the environments in a branching process
Volume 38, Issue 4 , pp 409-421
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Random environments
- branching process
- Martingale central limit theorem
- score test
- Industry Sectors