Isolation, characterization and mapping of temperature-sensitive mutants of mycobacteriophage I3
Eighteen temperature-sensitive mutants of mycobacteriophage I3 have been isolated and partially characterized. All the mutants were defective in vegetative replication. Based on temperature shift experiments with the temperature sensitive mutants, the thermosensitive phase of the phage development period has been characterized for each mutant. The genes have been mapped by recombination analysis. The early, continuous and middle genes seem to cluster on the genetic map
- Adams, M. H. (1959)Bacteriophages, (New York: Interscience).
- Brewer, G. J. (1978)Mol. Gen. Genet.,167, 65.
- Edgar, R. S. and Lielausis, I. (1964)Genetics,49, 649.
- Eisen, H. A., Fuerst, C. R., Siminovitch, L, Thomas, R., Lambert, L., Pereira Da Silva, L. and Jacob, F. (1966)Virology,30, 224. CrossRef
- Gopinathan, K. P. (1981)Curr. Sci.,50, 216.
- Gopinathan, K. P., Saroja, D., Gadagkar, R. and Ramakrishnan, T. (1978) inGenetics of Actinomycetales, (eds E. Freerkscen, I. Tarnok and J. H. Thumin) (New York: G. Fischer, Stuttgart), p. 237.
- Karnik, S. S. and Gopinathan, K. P. (1980)J. Virol.,33, 969.
- Levine, M. (1961)Virology,13, 493. CrossRef
- Lewin, B. (1977)Gene Expression. Plasmids and Phages (New York: John Wiley and Sons) Vol. 3, p. 565.
- Lindqvist, B. H. and Sinsheimer, R. L. (1967)J. Mol. Biol.,30, 69. CrossRef
- Mizuguchi, Y. and Sellers, M. I. (1970) inHost-Virus Relationship in Mycobacterium, Nocardia and Actinomycetes, (eds S. E. Juhasz and G. Plummer) (Springfield: Thomas, C. C.) p. 65.
- Nagaraja, V. (1981)Interaction between mycobacteriophage I3and its host Mycobacterium smegmatis, Ph.D. Thesis, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India.
- Nagaraja, V. and Gopinathan, K. P. (1980)Arch. Microbiol.,124, 249. CrossRef
- Nagaraja, V. and Gopinathan, K. P. (1981a)FEBS Lett.,127, 57. CrossRef
- Nagaraja, V. and Gopinathan, K. P. (1981b)Mol. Biol. Rep.,8, 11. CrossRef
- Sadhu, C. (1984)Characterization of mycobacteriophage I3genome and its interaction with the host, Mycobacterium smegmatis, Ph.D. Thesis, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India.
- Sunderraj, C. V. and Ramakrishnan, T. (1970)Nature (London),228, 280.
- Isolation, characterization and mapping of temperature-sensitive mutants of mycobacteriophage I3
Journal of Biosciences
Volume 7, Issue 1 , pp 39-47
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer India
- Additional Links
- Mycobacteriophage I3
- temperature sensitive mutants
- recombination analysis
- gene mapping