Octadecatrienoic fatty acid isomers of partially hydrogenated soybean oil
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The octadecatrienoic fatty acids of partially hydrogenated soybean oil (PHSBO) were concentrated, isolated and analyzed. The results indicated that the 18:3 acids present in PHSBO are composed of four isomers. The isomer present in the largest amount (2.7%) is the allcis isomer, c9,c12,c15-18:3 linolenic acid, and comprises 68.60% of all the isomeric 18:3 acids of PHSBO.
The remaining three 18:3 isomers found were t9,t12,c15-,t9,c12,c15-and c9,c12,t15-18:3, which in total accounted for 1.2% of the total fatty acids of PHSBO.
- Dutton, H.J., inGeometrical and Positional Fatty Acid Isomers, edited by E.A. Emken and H.J. Dutton, American Oil Chemists’ Society, Champaign, IL, 1979, pp. 1–16.
- Erickson, D.R., E.H. Pryde, O.R. Brekke, T.L. Mounts and R.A. Falb, inHandbook of Soy Oil Processing and Utilization, American Oil Chemists’ Society, Champaign, IL, 1980.
- Holman, R.T., S.B. Johnson and T.F. Hatch,J. Am. Clin. Nutr. 35:617 (1982).
- Tinoco, J.,Prog. Lipid Res. 21:1 (1982). CrossRef
- Fisher, S., and P.C. Weber,Nature (London)307:165 (1984). CrossRef
- Official and Tentative Methods of the American Oil Chemists’ Society, edited by R.O. Walker, AOCS, Champaign, IL, 1983, Method Ce 2-66.
- Ratnayake, W.M.N., Ph.D. Thesis, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada.
- Dudley, P.A., and R.E. Anderson,Lipids 10:113 (1974). CrossRef
- Privett, O.S., and E.C. Nickell,J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc. 41:72 (1964).
- Miwa, T.K., K.L. Mikoljczak, R.E. Fontaine and I.A. Wolff,Anal. Chem. 32:1739 (1960). CrossRef
- Scholfield, C.R.,J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc. 58:662 (1981).
- Grandgirard, A., J.L. Sebedio and J. Fleury, Ibid.1563 (1984). CrossRef
- Ackman, R.G., and S.N. Hooper, Ibid.42 (1974).
- Octadecatrienoic fatty acid isomers of partially hydrogenated soybean oil
Journal of the American Oil Chemists’ Society
Volume 64, Issue 8 , pp 1150-1155
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors