Development of compositions of uviol glasses with elevated radiation and optical resistance
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The processes occurring in the glass shells of bactericidal lamps are considered. It is shown that it is expedient to develop new compositions of uviol glasses with elevated radiation and optical resistance (ROR). It was found that an increase in the total amount of alkaline-earth oxides and BaO individually at the expense of CaO +MgO decreases solarization of glasses of the SiO2-MgO-CaO-BaO-Na2O-K2O system. The introduction of Fe2O3 in the composition with a decrease in the content of MgO for a certain concentration of Fe2+ and Fe3+ improves the anti-reflection properties of uviol glasses in the ultraviolet spectral region and increases the ROR to short-wave ultraviolet radiation. Addition of metallic aluminum increases the Fe2+∶Fe3+ ratio. The physicochemical properties of the synthesized compositions are presented.
- V. G. Kochetkova, D. I. Klegg, A. T. Dymov, et al., “Continous melting and discharging of glass with selective transmission in the UV spectral region,” in:Production and Investigation of Glass and Silicate Materials [in Russian], Yaroslavl' (1973), issue 3, pp. 26–29.
- A. I. Dubkova, A. T. Dymov, G. V. Kochetkova, and A. P. Sivko, “Causes of darkening of bactericidal lamps in service,”Svetotekhnika, No. 11, 6–7 (1975).
- H.-D. Witzke, “Angepasste Gläaser für die Lichttechnikein wichtiges Gebiet für die Glasforschung,”Silikattechn.,41(6), 188–191 (1990).
- V. Kh. Khalilov and S. S. Pivovarov, “Appearance of an iron impurity in the region of the edge of fundamental absorption of quartz glass,”Fiz. Khim. Stekla,5(4), 453–458 (1979).
- G. E. Meleshkevich, N. N. Ermolenko, A. P. Sivko, et al., “Increasing the transmissivity of uviol glasses in the short-wave spectral region as a result of UV-radiation,”Zh. Prikl. Spektrosk.,51(3), 505–507 (1984).
- N. P. Ermolenko, A. P. Sivko, M. A. Filimonova, et al., “Development of the method for studying solarization in uviol glasses,”Elektrotekh. Promyshl. Svetotekhn. Izdeliya, Iss. 6, 3–5 (1983).
- T. D. Andryukhina, E. I. Raevskaya, É. I. Sanina, and I. L. Tarasova, “Output characteristics of sheet industrial glasses,”Steklo Keram., No. 10, 4–7 (1976).
- Development of compositions of uviol glasses with elevated radiation and optical resistance
Glass and Ceramics
Volume 52, Issue 11 , pp 312-315
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Lisma Joint Stock Company, Russia
- 2. D. I. Mendeleev Russian Chemical Engineering University, Moscow, Russia
- 3. Saransk Branch of MUPK, Saransk, Russia