Investigation of the kinetics of the nitration of thiophene derivatives
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The kinetics of the nitration of thiophene derivatives with nitric acid in acetic anhydride were investigated. The nitration of 2-substituted thiophenes is a second-order reaction. The rate constants and activation parameters of the reaction were calculated. The possibility of the use of the Hanmett and Yukawa-Tsuno equations for this reaction series is demonstrated. An isokinetic dependence is observed.
- L. I. Belen'kii, E. P. Zakharov, M. A. Kalik, V. P. Litvinov, F. M. Stoyanovich, S. Z. Taits, and B. P. Fabrichnyi, New Directions in the Chemistry of Thiophene [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1976), p. 16.
- A. R. Butler and I. B. Hendry, J. Chem. Soc., B, No. 1, 102 (1971).
- J. Tirouflet and P. Fournari, Compt. Rend., 246, 2003 (1958).
- J. Tirouflet and J. P. Chare, Compt. Rend., 243, 500 (1956).
- K. Ingold, Theoretical Foundations of Organic Chemistry [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1973), p. 278.
- N. N. Lebedev, M. N. Manakov, and V. F. Shvets, Theory of Technological Processes of Organic and Petrochemical Synthesis [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1975), p. 16.
- The Chemist's Handbook [in Russian], Vol. 3, Khimiya, Leningrad (1964), p. 959.
- V. A. Palm, Fundamentals of the Quantitative Theory of Organic Reactions [in Russian], Khimiya, Leningrad (1977), pp. 50, 200, 262.
- Organic Synthesis [Russian translation], Vol. 2, Inostr. Lit., Moscow (1949), p. 287.
- D. Hartough and J. Kosack, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 69, 3093 (1947).
- J. Luecke, US Patent No. 3663359; Ref. Zh. Khim., 4N95P (1973).
- J. King and F. Nord, J. Org. Chem., 13, 635 (1948).
- B. P. Fabrichnyi, S. M. Kostrova, G. P. Gromova, and Ya. L. Gol'dfarb, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 11, 1483 (1973).
- W. Steinkopf and I. Höpner, Lieb. Ann., 501, 174 (1933).
- V. M. Zubarovskii, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 83, 85 (1952).
- Dann, Ber., 76, 419 (1943).
- L. M. Batuner and M. E. Pozin, Mathematical Methods in Chemical Technique [in Russian], GNTIKhL, Leningrad (1963), p. 488.
- Investigation of the kinetics of the nitration of thiophene derivatives
Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds
Volume 18, Issue 2 , pp 127-130
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links