Special issue: Wearable computing and communication for e-Health
Wearable computers and communication devices are computing and communication systems that are body-worn. This technology is used in behavioral modeling, health-monitoring systems, information technologies and media development. Wearable devices are especially useful for applications that require computational and communicational support while the user’s physical and mental capabilities are actively engaged with the physical environment. Wearable technology is a broad topic of research, with areas of study that include user interface design, augmented reality, pattern recognition, targeting specific applications or disabilities. This special issue aimed at collecting contributions on wearable systems with e-health applications. Seven original papers have been selected to cover a wide variety of applications.
The use of smart, wearable technologies can offer ways to reduce the number of nursing staff and costs for care of senior citizens. The paper “User Interaction in Smart Ambient Envir ...
- Special issue: Wearable computing and communication for e-Health
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Medical & Biological Engineering & Computing
Volume 50, Issue 11 , pp 1117-1118
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Neurorehabilitation Engineering, University Medical Center Göttingen, Göttingen, Germany
- 2. Center for TeleInFrastruktur, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Tor Vergata, Italy
- 3. CTVR/The Telecommunications Research Centre, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
- 4. Patrade A/S, Aarhus Municipality, Denmark