Von Neumann Technology
The von Neumann technology is a convenient tool for the description and analysis of a wide variety of economic systems. It can be considered a special form of describing the production possibility set (i.e. the production process of the economic system, a form mostly designed for mathematical research of development dynamics).
- Champernowne, D.G. 1945–6. A note on J. von Neumann’s article on ‘A model of general economic equilibrium’. Review of Economic Studies 13: 10–18.Google Scholar
- Gale, D. 1956. The closed linear model of production. In Linear inequalities and related systems, Annals of Mathematics Studies, vol. 38, ed. H.W. Kuhn and A.W. Tucker. Princeton: Princeton University Press.Google Scholar
- Los, J. 1978. Mathematical theory of von Neumann economic models. Report on recent results. Colloquia Mathematica 40(2): 327–346.Google Scholar
- Morgenstern, O., and G. Thompson. 1976. Mathematical theory of expanding and contracting economies. Lexington: D.C. Heath.Google Scholar
- von Neumann, J. 1945–6. A model of general economic equilibrium. Review of Economic Studies 13: 1–9.Google Scholar