Law on Food and Oversight Mechanisms for Agriculture Research: Ethical Issues
Nowadays, decisions concerning production, distribution, and consumption of food are not only reviewed from perspectives like food safety but in relation to fairness in its distribution, the sustainability of food systems as a whole, or their impact upon cultural diversity or personal identity. The ones to address of all these decisions are those that have involved the establishment of regulatory frameworks with regard to food and agriculture research.
Agro-food sciences and the technological applications in this sector have the potential to assist all human beings to satisfy their daily need for food and not only in terms of survival strictosensu. In terms of scientific-technological development, humans have never been...
KeywordsFood System Agriculture Research Tradable Commodity Food Governance Oversight Mechanism
- Barona, J. L. (2012). From hunger to malnutrition. The political economy of scientific knowledge in Europe. 1918–1960. Brussels: Peter Lang.Google Scholar
- Burnett, J., & Oddy, D. J. (1994). The origins and development of food policies in Europe. London: Leicester Univ. Press.Google Scholar
- Curtis, R. I. (2001). Ancient food technology. Leiden: Brill.Google Scholar
- Fernandez, A. (2009). Historia de la Comida. Alimentos, cocina y civilización (3ª ed.). Ed Los Sentidos.Google Scholar
- Oosterveer, P. (2007). Global governance of food production and consumption. Issues and challenges. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar.Google Scholar
- Teuberg, H. J. (1989) Agenda for a comparative European history of diet, European food history – a research review. London: Leicester University Press, pp. 1–19.Google Scholar