A standard lamp is used as a reference in photometric, radiometric, and colorimetric measurements for which the calibration is traceable to a primary photometric, radiometric, or colorimetric standard. According to the basic and general concepts and the associated terms of the International Vocabulary of Metrology, the measurement standard is routinely used to calibrate or verify measuring instruments or measuring systems. In color applications, the standard lamp is the measurement standard that transfers the quantities from the reference measurement standard in a metrological organization [1, 2].
Colorimeters and spectrometers need to be calibrated against a standard lamp with known standardized data. The International Commission on Illumination (CIE) standard illuminant A is intended to calibrate typical, domestic, tungsten-filament lamps. Its relative spectral power distribution is that of a Planckian radiator at a temperature of...
KeywordsDevice Under Test Transfer Standard Spectral Power Distribution Thermal Control System Lead Package
- 1.International Commission on Illumination.: ILV: International Lighting Vocabulary. CIE S017/E: 2011, Vienna (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.The Joint Committee for Guides in Metrology.: International Commission on Illumination: International Vocabulary of Metrology – Basic and General Concepts and Associated Terms. JCGM 200:2012, 3rd edn. BIPM, Sevres Cedex, France (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.János, S. (ed.): Colorimetry: Understanding the CIE System. Wiley, Hoboken (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Gerloff, T., Lindemann, M., Shirokov, S., Taddeo, M., Pendsa, S., Sperling, A.: Development of a new high-power LED transfer standard. In: Proceedings of CIE 2012 Lighting Quality & Energy Efficiency, Hangzhou, China pp. 125–127. (2012).Google Scholar
- 6.Zama, T.: Developing a new photometric standard for light emitting diode (LED) – ensuring reliable photometric evaluation of LED. AIST Today 40, 17 (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Chen, C.H., Chang, Y.Y., Ting, Z.Y., Sun, C.C.: Design of a standard LED light source with extremely high optical and color stability. In: Frontiers in Optics, Orlando (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.Liu, W.C., Wu, G.N., Kuo, C.J., Chen, Y.L.: A light standard for FPD dynamic parameter. In: Secretariat of Asia Display 2011 Conference. Kanshan, China (2011)Google Scholar