1977 RF2. Discovered 1977 Sept. 9 by N. S. Chernykh at Nauchnyj.
Named in memory of academician Gerhard Friedrich Müller (miller, according to traditional spelling in Russian; 1705–1783), first rector of St. Petersburg University and editor of the first Russian academic journal. He is considered the father of St. Petersburg’s historical school, and his works were the foundation for research on the history, ethnography, archeology and geography of Russia and Siberia. (M 34341)