1967 DA. Discovered 1967 Feb. 16 by T. M. Smirnova at Nauchnyj.
Named in honor of the outstanding Russian musician, violinist Vladimir Theodorovich Spivakov (1944– ), leader of the State Chamber Orchestra “Virtuosos of Moscow” since 1979, laureate of many international competitions, artistic director of the International Musical Festival in Colmar, France, and president of the International Charitable Fund. (M 24410)
Name proposed by the Institute of Theoretical Astronomy.