1939 AA. Discovered 1939 Jan. 10 by M. B. Protitch at Belgrade.
Named by the discoverer as a sign of much appreciation and in memory of his professor, Vojislav V. Michkovitch (1892–1976), the first director of the new Belgrade Astronomical Observatory, which, by his efforts, was built in 1932. He was also founder of the Astronomical Institute of the Serbian Academy of Sciences and was well known for his works on minor planets, especially their identifications. (M 9477)
Obituary published in Bull. Obs. Astron. Belgrade, No. 129, p. III–VI (1978).