1932 PB. Discovered 1932 July 30 by G. Van Biesbroeck at Williams Bay. Independently discovered 1932 July 31 by C. Jackson at Johannesburg and August 4 by G. N. Neujmin at Simeis.
Named for the discoverer’s residence in Williams Bay, Wisconsin. For many of the 45 years the discoverer worked at the Yerkes Observatory. The Van Biesbroecks fed and housed students and visiting astronomers from all over the world. The name originally comes from a small cafe in one of the parks in Brussels. (M 6059)
Name proposed by the discoverer’s children, Edwin Van Biesbroeck, Simone Van Biesbroeck Titus and Micheline Van Biesbroeck Wilson.