A924 GA. Discovered 1924 Apr. 5 by K. Reinmuth at Heidelberg.
Named in honor of the Osservatorio S. Vittore, Bologna, where this object was rediscovered in 1979. It was a result of the extensive and careful series of observations there by a dedicated group of amateur astronomers that the earlier observations could be identified and the object permanently numbered. (M 5524)