1976 GV3. Discovered 1976 Apr. 2 by N. S. Chernykh at Nauchnyj.
Named in memory of Pierre de Coubertin (1863–1937), a prominent French public figure, teacher, historian and man of letters. He was responsible for the renaissance of the Olympic Games, and the name is suggested by the discoverer in connection with the 22nd Olympic Games in Moscow. (M 5360)