1965 MA. Discovered 1965 June 28 by C. U. Cesco and A. R. Klemola at El Leoncito.
Named in honor of Ricardo Pablo Platzeck, director of the Córdoba Observatory; the Córdoba Institute of Mathematics, Physics and Astronomy; and the Balseiro Institute of Atomic Physics at Cuyo University. An authority on the construction, testing and treatment of telescope mirrors, he played an important role in the completion of the 1.5-m reflector at Bosque Alegre in 1941. (M 8798)