A916 FA. Discovered 1916 Mar. 31 by M. F. Wolf at Heidelberg.
Named in honor of Edward A. Gall, M.D., internationally renowned pathologist, to commemorate his discovery of Gall’s granule in lymphocytes, and his career as an inspiring teacher, on the occasion of his retirement as Director of the Medical Center of the University of Cincinnati. (M 3757)
The name was suggested by Mrs. Anne L. Herget of the Cincinnati Observatory.