Advertisement

(1660) Wood

Reference work entry

1953 GA. Discovered 1953 Apr. 7 by J. A. Bruwer at Johannesburg.

Named in honor of H. E. Wood (1881–1946), second Director of the Republic (then Union) Observatory (1928–1941). He had the prime responsibility for the Franklin-Adams camera since its acquisition in 1909 and inaugurated the Observatory’s program for observing minor planets. (M 3297)

Copyright information

© Springer-Verlag 2003

Personalised recommendations