Although there is by no means a consensus, a number of scholars in the social sciences adopt the premise that the definition of resilience includes two essential features: (1) exposure to a context of adversity and (2) a positive adaptation translating into some sort of evolution (Bernard and Barbosa 2016; Kent et al. 2014). The research which specifically investigates the resilience of the individual entrepreneur draws on an adaptive conception of resilience, identifying a combination of three outcomes of that resilience: recovery from adversity, positive adaptation, and the acquisition of learning and resources for future resilience. Although in a minority of studies entrepreneurial resilience relates to entrepreneurial mindset in a variety of settings including corporate entrepreneurship, the main focus of the extant literature on the resilience of individual “entrepreneurs” typically defines them in studies as founder-owners starting and managing their own business...
- Baron RA, Franklin RJ, Hmieleski KM (2016) Why entrepreneurs often experience low, not high, levels of stress: the joint effects of selection and psychological capital. J Manag 42(3):742–768Google Scholar
- Bernard M, Barbosa SD (2016) Resilience and entrepreneurship: a dynamic and biographical approach to the entrepreneurial act. Management 19(2):89Google Scholar
- Corner PD, Singh S, Pavlovich K (2017) Entrepreneurial resilience and venture failure. J Int Bus, 35(6):687–708. https://doi.org/10.1177/0266242616685604
- Drnovsek M, Örtqvist D, Wincent J, Luleå (2010) The effectiveness of coping strategies used by entrepreneurs and their impact on personal well-being and venture performance. Zbornik Radova Ekonomski Fakultet u Rijeka 28(2):193–220Google Scholar
- Manzano-García G, Ayala Calvo JC (2013) Psychometric properties of Connor-Davidson resilience scale in a Spanish sample of entrepreneurs. Psicothema 25(2): 245–251Google Scholar
- OECD (2017) Entrepreneurship at a glance 2017. https://read.oecd-ilibrary.org/employment/entrepreneurship-at-a-glance-2017_entrepreneur_aag-2017-en
- Tañski NC, Báez L; Clérici CF (2010) Entrepreneurs resilience in the Forestry industrial sector of the Province of Misiones – Argentine Republic. Visión de Futuro 14(2) Año 7Google Scholar