CKIP-1 (CK2-interacting protein-1) was initially described on the basis of its interactions with protein kinase CK2 (Bosc et al. 2000). In this respect, the first publication on CKIP-1 described isolation of a cDNA encoding this novel protein from a human B-cell cDNA library using a yeast two-hybrid screen to identify interaction partners of protein kinase CK2. Interactions between CK2 and CKIP-1 were confirmed by co-immunoprecipitation experiments and in vitro interaction assays using recombinant and in vitro translated proteins. Prior to that report, a partial cDNA encoding its C-terminal 72 amino acids had been isolated from a mouse embryo cDNA library, using a yeast two-hybrid screen to identify interaction partners for the leucine zipper region of the c-Jun...
- Barrios-Rodiles M, Brown KR, Ozdamar B, Bose R, Liu Z, Donovan RS, Shinjo F, Liu Y, Dembowy J, Taylor IW, Luga V, Przulj N, Robinson M, Suzuki H, Hayashizaki Y, Jurisica I, Wrana JL. High-throughput mapping of a dynamic signaling network in mammalian cells. Science. 2005;307:1621–5.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Canton DA, Olsten ME, Kim K, Doherty-Kirby A, Lajoie G, Cooper JA, Litchfield DW. The pleckstrin homology domain-containing protein CKIP-1 is involved in regulation of cell morphology and the actin cytoskeleton and interaction with actin capping protein. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:3519–34.PubMedPubMedCentralCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Ling S, Sun Q, Li Y, Zhang L, Zhang P, Wang X, Tian C, Li Q, Song J, Liu H, Kan G, Cao H, Huang Z, Nie J, Bai Y, Chen S, Li Y, He F, Zhang L, Li Y. CKIP-1 inhibits cardiac hypertrophy by regulating class II histone deacetylase phosphorylation through recruiting PP2A. Circulation. 2012;126:3028–40.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Safi A, Vandromme M, Caussanel S, Valdacci L, Baas D, Vidal M, Brun G, Schaeffer L, Goillot E. Role for the pleckstrin homology domain-containing protein CKIP-1 in phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-regulated muscle differentiation. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:1245–55.PubMedPubMedCentralCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Sakamoto T, Kobayashi M, Taka K, Shinohara M, Io K, Nagata K, Iwai F, Takiuchi Y, Arai Y, Yamashita K, Shindo K, Kadowaki N, Koyanagi Y, Takaori-Kondo A. CKIP-1 is an intrinsic regulator of T-cell activation through an interaction with CARMA1. PLoS One. 2014;9:e85762.PubMedPubMedCentralCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Tokuda E, Fujita N, Oh-hara T, Sato S, Kurata A, Katayama R, Itoh T, Takenawa T, Miyazono K, Tsuruo T. Casein kinase 2-interacting protein-1, a novel Akt pleckstrin homology domain-interacting protein, down-regulates PI3K/Akt signaling and suppresses tumor growth in vivo. Cancer Res. 2007;67:9666–76.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Zhang G, Guo B, Wu H, Tang T, Zhang BT, Zheng L, He Y, Yang Z, Pan X, Chow H, To K, Li Y, Li D, Wang X, Wang Y, Lee K, Hou Z, Dong N, Li G, Leung K, Hung L, He F, Zhang L, Qin L. A delivery system targeting bone formation surfaces to facilitate RNAi-based anabolic therapy. Nat Med. 2012;18:307–14.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar