Graph Pattern Matching
The graph pattern matching problem is to find the answers Q(G) of a pattern query Q in a given graph G. The answers are induced by specific query language and ranked by a quality measure. The problem can be categorized into three classes (Khan and Ranu 2017): (1) Subgraph/supergraph containment query, (2) graph similarity queries, and (3) graph pattern matching.
In the context of searching a graph database D that consists of many (small) graph transactions, the graph pattern matching finds the answers Q(G) as a set of graphs from D. For subgraph (resp. supergraph containment) query, it is to find Q(G) that are subgraphs (resp. supergraphs) of Q. The graph similarity queries are to find Q(G) as all graph transactions that are similar to Q for a particular similarity measure.
In the context of searching a single graph G, graph pattern matching is to find all the occurrences of a query graph Q in a given data graph G, specified by a matching function. The remainder of this...
- Armbrust M, Fox A, Patterson D, Lanham N, Trushkowsky B, Trutna J, Oh H (2009) Scads: scale-independent storage for social computing applications. arXiv preprint arXiv:09091775Google Scholar
- Cao Y, Fan W, Huai J, Huang R (2015) Making pattern queries bounded in big graphs. In: ICDE, pp 161–172Google Scholar
- Fan W, Li J, Ma S, Tang N, Wu Y, Wu Y (2010) Graph pattern matching: from intractable to polynomial time. PVLDB 3(1–2):264–275Google Scholar
- Fan W, Li J, Wang X, Wu Y (2012a) Query preserving graph compression. In: SIGMOD, pp 157–168Google Scholar
- Fan W, Wang X, Wu Y (2012b) Performance guarantees for distributed reachability queries. PVLDB 5(11):1304–1316Google Scholar
- Fan W, Wang X, Wu Y (2013) Incremental graph pattern matching. TODS 38(3):18:1–18:47Google Scholar
- Fan W, Wang X, Wu Y, Deng D (2014c) Distributed graph simulation: impossibility and possibility. PVLDB 7(12):1083–1094Google Scholar
- Jayaram N, Khan A, Li C, Yan X, Elmasri R (2015) Querying knowledge graphs by example entity tuples. TKDE 27(10):2797–2811Google Scholar
- Kargar M, An A (2011) Keyword search in graphs: finding R-cliques. PVLDB 4(10):681–692Google Scholar
- Khan A, Wu Y, Aggarwal C, Yan X (2013) NeMa: fast graph search with label similarity. PVLDB 6(3): 181–192Google Scholar
- Lee J, Han WS, Kasperovics R, Lee JH (2012) An in-depth comparison of subgraph isomorphism algorithms in graph databases. PVLDB 6(2):133–144Google Scholar
- Mottin D, Lissandrini M, Velegrakis Y, Palpanas T (2014) Exemplar queries: give me an example of what you need. PVLDB 7(5):365–376Google Scholar
- Shang H, Zhang Y, Lin X, Yu J (2008) Taming verification hardness: an efficient algorithm for testing subgraph isomorphism. PVLDB 1(1):364–375Google Scholar
- Tian Y, Patel JM (2008) TALE: a tool for approximate large graph matching. In: ICDEGoogle Scholar
- Zhao P, Han J (2010) On graph query optimization in large networks. In: VLDBGoogle Scholar